Saturday, March 8, 2014

The Hardcore History - Dan Carlin

(podcast) I was very conflicted about adding this to my book blog. there are many radio shows / podcasts that I enjoy, but this one is in a category by itself because it is so thoroughly researched, because it provided me with so much historical data that was brand new, or added details to known stories that give you a whole new perspective.

I can clearly state that I know much more about world history now that I did one year ago when I first started listening this. there are 50 episodes to date, typically 1 or 2 hours, some as long as 5 hours. I'd say that I've been listening to at least 100 hours of lectures on topics from Genghis Khan, the Roman empire, to WWII's east front, and the Cuban independence. Fascinating, informative, and surprisingly unbiased for an american.

I recommend it to anyone and everyone, in an ideal world I would have time to create a similar one in spanish.


No comments:

Post a Comment